Thursday, October 6, 2011

Evolution

I created a Fine Art piece from one of Jen and Mark's wedding shots for them.  But it never felt done.
I looked at it on and off for quite some time, but I couldn't figure out why it didn't feel done.  It just felt bland. Then today it hit me (of course only a couple of hours before Jen was to come pick up all her prints!) - there was no depth.  It was all very pretty but somehow bland.  Add in some beautiful warmth, texture, stains and it comes alive.  I am in love with this piece now - in fact, it's going up as a display piece because I am so enamored with it! There is something to be said for not rushing the creative process. That is one of the tough things about working to deadlines is that pieces don't always hav a chance to evolve organically.  Today, I am glad for the evolution of this piece.
xo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment