Wednesday, September 28, 2011

School Pictures

I love when school picture day comes around.  It takes me back to my first "real" photography job.  I lasted a year doing school photos.  And in that year I learned a lot about photography - what I love and hate - and about myself.  What I am driven to do. How I want to be.  What I am willing to compromise - or not - for the sake of working as a photographer.  Being a photographer. So every year, when school picture day comes around (ok, this is only the second year but I feel a trend beginning) I let Carter make the decisions on what she wants to wear, how she wants to smile...or not.  Because I know that ultimately, those pics only mark a school event.  It's still a rite of passage to have bad school photos-every kid should at least have a few!  I feel grateful that every fall I take her out for a special shoot where we play and capture who she really is.  At this age.  At this time. Because I know that these will be the pictures that truly mark her changes from year to year. Love you baby girl!
xo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment