Monday, March 11, 2013

Mixed Media Art Journal Video-"Rush"

A look at part of how I created the mixed media piece entitled "Rush".  I worked primarily in watercolours, but with a bit of pen work and a bit more pencil work to create the details the way that I wanted them.  This piece started off as a way to test my new Letraset AquaMarkers as well as my Peerless Watercolour sets. But as she developed I found myself falling in to a rhythm with her...swooping from one part of her to another.  Feeling the colour rather than forcing it.  Then as I added the chartreuse background (pictured but not in the video - sorry!) I fell in love with her lovely pink 'do and the flow of the ink.  This rhythm is why art has become so meditative for me. What do you do to breathe? Is there something that you do to act as meditation without actually meditation? I would love yo hear about it!

xo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment