Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School

Back to school is one of my favourite times.  It always feels like New Years to me...the true start of the new year. Everything feels like a fresh start and there is a certain energy in the air. As a student my favourite thing was to go shopping for school supplies. Woolco would have these huge bins of pens and paper and pencil crayons out.  The sheer multitude of stuff made me heady with delight! I loved the pencil cases and binders.  And the second I got home, I would dump the bags of stuff on to my bed and organize absolutely everything. 
Then there was the nervous anticipation for the actual first day.  What should I wear?  A new outfit for sure...nothing too fancy, but something cool. Something that made me feel special. That new outfit feeling fades after the first week, but it was part of the fresh start.
Carter started Grade Two this week.  And at a brand new school on the other side of town.  She has been looking forward to this since we found out she would be attending in May.  But it still didn't come without a touch of apprehension for all of us...change is exhilarating and scary! She can't wait to go back...I love her courage and excitement.
click to enlarge
These shots are from her first two days - New Student Orientation and the actual first day.
xoxo baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment