Saturday, July 31, 2010

Shoemakers Kids

Sadly, it has been a case of the shoemaker's kids go shoeless around my house for the last year or so.  Or rather, the photographer's walls go bare. I took down our wonderful family montage wall to paint absolutely ages ago, and then was rethinking my entire approach to displaying our images. I am very good at coaching my clients through how to approach their walls, which images to group together and how to do it all. But can I apply it to my walls? Well I can...but getting there is a big process. Because when I can literally do ANYTHING, it's a little overwhelming.  And I haven't known quite where to start. So many months ago, I finally started by hanging 4 20x30 prints of Carter when she was younger on the one big wall.  And then stalled. I have had a box of framed images and image ideas sitting in my lair for way too long. But an impending trip from a close friend has gotten me moving. Tidying, re-evaluating and seeing my house for the first time in a long time. And I took on the "big" wall.  It's really not that big - about 13' long. And I'm not intimidated anymore. It has become a wall to show images and tidbits from experiences and trips that we have had.  And I LOVE the vibe so far. I will post an image of the final wall when I get it more settled.  But in the meantime, these three images from Hawaii earlier this year will be on there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment