Friday, November 16, 2012

Restoration


Click to enlarge
For years I have honed my skills in Photoshop.  I've done some restoration work, but never really posted it or did anything with it.  And yet, every time I work on a piece, it fills my heart with joy for a number of reasons. I think about the memories that are connected to that image by the person who made it.  For the people in it.  And for todays viewers who are taken back in time by it.  Pictures tell the stories of our lives past and present.  And in some ways, help to shape our future as well by connecting us to what is important. I love that I can bring back a part of that history.  Make it current.  Digitize it and make it accessible.  What about creating a gorgeous coffee table book with the pictures from your past?  (I'm working on one for myself right now...) There are so many ways to remember where we came from. What our legacy is and will be.  This is the root of all that I do in photography and photo restoration is a lovely part of that. Check out the new gallery on ChipperfieldPhotography.com  ...not much in there yet, but keep checking back as there is much more to go in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment