Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Clown

 Ahhhhhh!!!!! And the angels sing.  I have been battling with this painting almost since I started the drawing on it.  I needed to step out and try one that wasn't just a pretty girl. Once I did the actual first painting on it, I nearly tossed it. Until a friend said, are you nuts?  Try something else with it! There's no point in just getting rid of it. So I pushed it and added more layers and glitter (which was almost a tragic mistake).  And then I was pretty happy with it.  So, this morning I thought...it needs wax.  I played with my new batik pen and then melted a layer of lovely lovely beeswax over the top. Gave it a polish...and that's when I heard the singing.  I LOVE IT!!!! It's hard to see the details in the scan, but trust me.  It has such a lovely presence! You can see it on my Etsy site here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment