Thursday, February 25, 2010

What I Have Learned

I have been fanatical about watching the Olympics for the past 14 days. And over and over again I am blown away by the determination of our athletes. These people have single-mindedly focused on getting to these games for the last four years to the exclusion of so much else.  They have sacrificed, suffered and challenged themselves for the chance to compete and win.  And win they have.  Our country, with our small population has gone head-to-head with bigger and more dominant countries and we are holding our own. We are tied for gold with the top two. And yet there is criticism about our athletes performance. To me that is a travesty.  They have brought home gold with a huge helping of pride. And I for one, couldn't be happier to be a Canadian.

1 comment: